Search This Blog

Agoo Basilica


Agoo Basilica or Basilica of Our Lady of Charity is located in La Union's oldest town in Agoo. The parish and town was founded in 1578 by Franciscan Frs Juan Bautista Lucarelli and Sebastian De Baeza. The original parish was in Barangay Nagrugcan. The church was then elevated to rank of Basilica Minore by Pope John Paul II on July 15, 1982 on petition of Bishop Salvador Lazo through Archbishop Bruno Torpigliani, Apostolic Nuncio to the Philippines.

65th Miss Universe

Career in Travel Industry Anywhere in the World

The Ultimate Guide to Philippines Travel